Spaghetti Carbonara - 11 points
Ingredients (to serve 5)
300g Spaghetti/Linguine. I used Tripoline, but only because I always seek adventure in my life, and what better way to be more adventurous than buy a new type of pasta? :|
1 pepper, chopped
Half a pack of mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
6 rashers of bacon, chopped
300g Philadelphia with Garlic and Herbs (yes, this is a whole family pack!)
30g Parmesan cheese
1. Boil some water, stick it in a pan and put the pasta in it. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
2. MEANWHILE.... fry the bacon, pepper, mushrooms and garlic for about 7-8 minutes until it is looking cooked.
3. MEANWHILE..... Beat your egg, Parmesan and Philadelphia together. This was really hard to do when the Philadelphia is straight out of the fridge so I would suggest you have your Philadelphia at room temperature first.
4. Once the bacon mixture is cooked, mix it in with the egg and Philadelphia.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain that and then mix everything all up together over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
All done! Divide into your portions. Yum!
This is really tasty and properly filling. You could use 375g of pasta between the 5 of you if you're properly hungry and then it would be 13 points each!